I know the joke has been made (many times, many ways), but January truly did feel at least 100 days long and, good riddance, I’m glad it’s over! It’s officially February, meaning it’s officially Valentine’s season and the beginning of my busy year of travel! My February goals will reflect the fact that I’ll be gone for one quarter of the already short month, but before getting into that, let’s take a look back at January’s goals!
Last Month’s Goals
1. Get my passport | Done! Done! Done! Poland, here I come!
2. Switch gyms | Fail. However, after having this on my list for two months, I’ve decided to just cancel my membership because obviously something is keeping me from going. On the other hand, the weather has been nice enough to enjoy some light outdoor physical activity!
3. Find my Valentine’s dress | Done, but oh man, I don’t know if a goal has ever given me so much trouble! I ordered and returned over 15 dresses (and jumpsuits) in my search. If you saw my Instagram stories from last week, then you may have seen that I’ve ended up with two dresses now, which is definitely a surprise to me after feeling for over a month like I may never find even one! You’ll see one of the dresses tomorrow because I’ve already snipped the tags and photographed it. I’m definitely keeping it, but have a second dress that I’m still deciding on. I’ll tell you more about it tomorrow, but yes, I achieved this goal!
4. Shoot my next capsule challenge | Yes and no. Instead of another capsule, I decided to shoot a few closet remixes where I show how to wear the same item or type of item a few ways. You can see two of those posts here and here and I’ve got a couple more coming later this month! Even though the content technically shifted, I’m giving myself this one!
5. Rest more, multitask less | Done! It may seem like this goal is hard to quantify, but every single time someone asked me how I was doing or how my year was going so far, I responded that I was taking things slow. The more I vocalized it, the easier it was to live it without having to think about it. It was so nice to not feel like every evening was a second work day!
4/5 – a great way to start off the year!
This Month’s Goals
1. Plan my Poland outfits ahead of time | I really want to be someone who is great at packing and the best travel advice I’ve gotten is plan ahead in order to pack less.
2. Unpack my suitcase as soon as I get home | I am notorious for waiting nearly a month before totally unpacking and putting away my suitcase after a trip, but not this time! I’m determined to have everything put away within two days of getting home.
3. Keep my work space tidy | I’ve written before about being a total pile-maker and my worst offenses definitely happen on my desk. Having a tower of stuff next to me while I work is obviously stressful, so I’m aiming to be neater and more organized this month!
4. Work on a nightly skin routine | This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while and have been curating products for lately. So far I’m using makeup wipes, witch hazel, and moisturizer. Give me your skin recommendations and your tips for keeping up with a nightly routine!
5. Spend time outside | Whether it’s taking walks around the lake or going birding with Dago (did I ever mention that I got him a pair of binoculars for Christmas?), I just want to spend more time enjoying the great outdoors!
It’s your turn! If you blogged your own monthly small goals, join the link-up below and let your readers know where to find more goal-setting goodness. Made some goals for the month, but didn’t blog them? Let us know in the comments what you’re up to in February!