photos by Chelsea Francis
If you live anywhere like Austin, fall weather is still at least a month out. To combat the heat and start enjoying sweater weather in my soul, I like to play my favorite fall albums around this time every year to get into the season. It’s like playing Christmas music, but less jarring! Whether you’re looking for something to snuggle up to this fall or you’re sipping an iced pumpkin spice latte and pretending it’s seasonally appropriate, these albums are the perfect soundtrack for the rest of September.
1. I’m Alone, No You’re Not – Joseph
2. Emotion – Carly Rae Jepsen
3. Pure Heroine – Lorde
4. American Football – American Football
5. From Under the Cork Tree – Fall Out Boy
6. Heavier Things – John Mayer
7. The Execution of All Things – Rilo Kiley
8. Ivy Tripp – Waxahatchee
9. The Con – Tegan and Sara
10. Heartstrings – Leighton Meester
What are your favorite fall albums?
P.S. Here’s a playlist with a few songs from each album if that’s more your style!