Woah. Can you believe this is the last goal post — the last month — of 2016? November seemed to fly by, and then draaaaaaggggged on that last week. I was like “how is it not December yet?” And then, I accidentally wrote 2017 on two different occasions instead of 2016. I think I’m getting a little ahead of myself, so I’m hoping to slow down a little in December and live in the present.
Before getting on with the present, I’ve got just a bit of past to recall. Here’s how my November small goals went:
1. get a membership at the YMCA | …Nope. It just didn’t happen. Each night I would have grand goals of waking up early and heading to the gym to sign up + work out, but every morning I hit snooze on my alarm until I couldn’t anymore. I still want to do this, I just didn’t make it happen yet. I did go on two runs at the end of the month, so I’m hoping to continue that habit in December.
2. dive into Own Your Why
| Done! I will continue going over and over the workbooks from Maggie Gentry
‘s course in the coming months, but I determined a one-liner Why that I’m exceptionally proud of: Improving women’s lives, starting with their closets.
I feel a new sense of fire in what I’m doing here and I’m excited about the content that’s to come!
3. be better about responding to emails | OMG, yes! I responded to (and sent!) so many emails this month! I wish I could say I came up with a system for getting it done, but really I just made myself make time for it. I think partially it worked because I had the incentive of goal #5 waiting for me when I was done.
4. cook a new dish for Thanksgiving
| YES! In fact, I cooked TWO! My dad requested that I make non-starch sides because he had every kind of potato and stuffing taken care of already. We struggle to add veggies besides green beans to our Thanksgiving dinner every year, but I think these parmesan roasted carrots
and baked parmesan zucchini
are going to be a staple for years to come.
5. one computer-free night a week | Done! I didn’t specify one particular night of the week to go computer-free, but I was more than happy to shut my laptop and give my eyes a break at least once a week.
4/5! Feeling really great about everything I got done in November and ready to cross off all five of my goals in the last month of 2016!
1. shop small for the holidays | I’ve mostly finished my holiday shopping by the time this post goes live, but I wanted to put in writing that I’m dedicated to shopping small this season. I got to support so many businesses on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday that I follow all year ’round, and I plan on picking up my last few gifts from indie shops as well.
2. do some major 2016 reflecting + 2017 planning
| The holidays are my favorite time to break out the notebooks and Word Docs to reflect and plan. I think I’m going to do another Anti-Bucket List
this year and I’m looking forward to seeing what I accomplished. Plus, I need to pick a word for 2017! I’ve got one in mind, but I’m taking nominations for sure.
3. start a new book | I’ve savored Furiously Happy long enough; it’s time to start a new book! I’m thinking about picking up Anna Kendrick’s Scrappy Little Nobody. She’s one of my very favorites and it seems like a fun read!
4. enjoy exploring Nashville | After three years of making goals to leave the state, I’m finally getting the heck out of
Dodge Texas! Dago and I booked a trip to Nashville for the weekend of New Year’s and I am the most excited. Do you know that we’ve never traveled together further than a quick road trip to Houston? If you have any travel tips OR Nashville tips, please let me know! 5. don’t stress
| Between traveling across the country, the holidays, wrapping up one year and preparing for another, there’s plenty going on to get me overwhelmed. With plenty of baths, lists, and reminders that it’s all gonna work out, I hope to keep my stress to a minimum in December!
SO excited to read y’all’s last small goals of the year! Link up below and don’t forget to tell your readers where to find more goals back here!
P.S. Are y’all interested in me doing a linkup for New Year’s Resolutions/Word of the Year posts? I’ll be doing my January small goals post on January 2, so I could schedule the other later that week or the next (or maybe the previous week? Like the 30th?) so we can all support each other’s year-long goals too! Let me know what y’all think!