Goodness, I can’t believe I’m making goals for the last month of 2015. This has been a weird and wonderful year, and even though it had its really tough moments, I wouldn’t do any of it differently. I’ll be reflecting on the year a bunch in the coming weeks and getting my goals in order for 2016 soon, but first let’s take a look at how I did in November and what’s on deck for December:
1. journal every day for a month | done! I’ve used Grid Diary every night for about a month-and-a-half now and I can’t recommend it enough (no really, I’m telling everyone about it!). It’s so easy and it really has made me feel better, so I’m going to keep using it until further notice.
2. go for a run (or two!) | done! I went for a run at the beginning of the month on a chilly night and it was wonderful. It didn’t really clear my head the way people say it does for them, but it was nice to be outside (even in the dark), and get away from screens for a little bit.
3. keep my fingernails painted for a month | done! This is one of those goals that I decided I kinda hated halfway through the month, but finished it anyway. Having my nails painted for photos is nice, but it’s a pain to keep up with and, as it turns out, I really just like being able to bite my nails. No shame!
4. make a dessert or side dish for Thanksgiving
| done! I made this cornbread
(again, same as last year) for my family’s Thanksgiving and these peanut butter chews
for Friendsgiving at Chelsea
‘s home. The cornbread didn’t come out so great, in my opinion, but the chews are delicious!
5. don’t overbook myself | done! This was incredibly hard, but I managed to protect any free time I had this month, and it’s a good thing I did. Even though I was still exceedingly overwhelmed in November, I was able to spend some quality time with my guy, my cat, and my couch.
5/5!!!!! This is the second time this year I’ve gotten all five goals done! For as challenging as November was, it’s really gratifying to look back and see that I actually did some stuff. It’s also great that so many of the goals were essentially self-care related, because I needed that more than usual. Way to plan ahead, self! Let’s see if I can recreate this magic again for December!
1. list my gently-used clothes on Poshmark
| I mentioned in my closet purge post
that I have a bunch of clothes to sell, so now it’s time to take photos and get everything listed on the app! I know it’ll be slow selling, but I’m actually kind of excited about this!
2. watch all of Star Wars, and then see the new movie | did you hear that a really big movie is coming out this month? Like, a really big movie. I watched Star Wars movies 4-6 (the originals) with Dago last year, and I saw the The Phantom Menace on my 10th birthday, but I’ve never seen 2 and 3, and I’ve never seen them all together! So, I’mma do it and it’s gonna be awesome.
3. figure out my blogging goals for 2016 | I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how writes like a girl has grown in 2015 and where I want it to go in 2016. I need to make deliberate time to sit down and come up with a plan for what’s next and what I need to do to get it there. Vision board, anyone?
4. work on a budget for the 2016
| after linking up
for seven months with the budgeting bloggers with no budget
, I’m excited to actually set a budget for 2016. I need to do a little math and see what I spent this year, plan out my bills and expenses for next year, as well as consider what and how I want to start saving seriously for the first time.
5. support small businesses with my holiday shopping
| no holiday goals list is complete without gift giving! I’m so excited to introduce my loved ones to some of my favorite artists and business owners while also supporting small shops in the process!
Did you set some goals for December? Link up below!