I talk a lot about clothes here on this little blog, but I rarely mention beauty products. I figure if you’re checking in to see what shoes I bought and love, you might be interested in the products I can’t live without. I thought it would be fun to share my top ten tried and true products with you, and, to take things a step further (more fun!), make it a link-up so you can share yours too!
My mission here is not only to introduce you to a couple new lip colors and my go-to zit zapper, but also the dependable every day products I’ve relied on for years like deodorant and body lotion. There are just too many products out there to try, so it can be nice to have a trusty recommendation that you know I wasn’t paid to write. 😉
Without further adieu, my top ten!
01. Batiste Dry Shampoo | The number one product I can’t live without is none other than Batiste Dry Shampoo. As a gal with bangs living in the heat of Central Texas, a good dry shampoo is crucial to avoid “stringy bang” (holla if you hear me). I’ve tried several different shamps and the only one that I’ve ever had any success with is Batiste. It gives me incredible volume, doesn’t leave visible residue, lasts all day, and smells great. I used to exclusively buy the Blush scent, but then I tried out the Blonde shade, and lately I’ve been using either Cherry or Fresh. As a buying tip, Ulta often has a BOGO deal on Batiste! (Here’s a review I wrote last year if you’re interested in hearing more!)
02. Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flamingo | My second most beloved product is definitely my blush. I grew up performing in theatre and learned to do stage makeup before life makeup. Because of this experience, I’m extra picky about blush. I deeply believe that blush is the most important makeup product a person can wear on their face (mascara is a close second). It brightens you up and gives your face definition. I mention all of this to make the argument for matte pressed powder blush. A lot of other blushes I’ve tried were pressed powder with a subtle shimmer or were creme blushes that just melted or absorbed right into the skin. I don’t know all the science behind it, but this Beautifying Blush goes on bright (brush it on the highest point of your apples in layers!) and stays put all day with a pretty and natural-looking flush.
03. Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 | I’ve written a review of this product before, so I’ll keep this short. Got a zit? Need it gone? This works. Fast.
04. Lush Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub | This is one of those products that seems to be on everyone’s must-have list and I finally understand why. I was introduced to Ocean Salt, and Lush in general, this past winter and I have no idea how I lived so long without either. Nothing makes my skin feel cleaner or softer than Ocean Salt. I use it on my face, focusing especially on my nose and the skin right next to my nose, but I also use it on my arms to combat my mild Keratosis Pilaris.
05. Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Sassy Mauve | It’s pretty rare that you see me on this blog not wearing lipstick, and, nine times out of ten, I’m rocking Sassy Mauve. This is a shade I inherited from my mom when I was in high school and she was getting rid of makeup she never used. Lip color is a tough thing to recommend to a wide group of people, so while I could talk all day about my adoration for Sassy Mauve with my complexion, I’ll stick to recommending Revlon’s Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in general. The color is rich and lasts. I’m a big fan of creme lipsticks because they look the most natural (as natural as bright red, deep burgundy, or berry can look, I guess!) and feel the most comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
06. Dove Advanced Care Go Fresh Revive Anti-Perspirant | I told y’all I was going to rep my deodorant, and here we are. I’ve been using Dove Advanced Care for probably four years now and I have no intention of changing. It does all the things an anti-perspirant should without irritating my skin (who knew my outside was as sensitive as my inside?) and without getting all over my clothes. The Advanced Care Go Fresh line comes in a few scents, but Revive (which is just pomegranate) is my favorite. I’m not a girl with a signature scent, but I feel myself in the pretty and subtle scent of this deodorant.
07. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara in Black | I mentioned that mascara was the second most important makeup product to me, but it’s not super exciting which is why it’s listed all the way down here. As a blonde eyelashed-lady, I’ve tried a ton of mascaras because I simply won’t leave the house without it. I like CoverGirl’s LashBlast Volume Mascara because it makes my lashes nice and full without ever being flaky or spidery. I don’t need the length because I have decently long lashes already and I wear glasses, so volume is definitely the most important thing to me.
08. CoverGirl LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black | This is another product I’ve reviewed (and there’s even a very silly looking tutorial — this is why I’m not a beauty blogger, my friends!) and continue to use. I don’t wear eyeliner very often
because I’m lazy, so I save it for special occasions. I love that I can just swipe on this eyeliner without worrying about a whole involved process, and I can get it right on the first try whether I’m in my bathroom at home or sitting in my parked car outside a restaurant. I love that the applicator is short so I can get a good grip on it, and the pen tip always stays sharp for a super straight line. It’s also nice that the liner dries immediately and doesn’t smudge.
09. CoverGirl Lipslicks Lip Gloss in Daring | This is a product I recommend to everyone in my life who doesn’t like lip products but wants a little bit of color. I hate lip gloss, but I love lip balm, and CoverGirl’s Lipslicks line is a wonderful marriage of the two. I swear by the Daring shade because it’s just red enough that it looks like you bit your lip a little, which is often all the color anyone needs. It’s not scented or flavored, which I honestly like because I get to put it on and forget about it completely!
10. Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion | Lotion is one of those things I always need and always seem to forget. Is that just me? I’m currently trying to remedy this forgetfulness by making it a habit to rub lotion on my hands every night before bed. Aveeno’s Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion is my favorite because it smells like lavender and it really does help calm me down as I rub it into my skin. I like that it makes my skin soft all day (if I can just remember to put it on!) and never greasy (isn’t that the worst?). Plus, am I the only one who feels like Jennifer Aniston when using Aveeno products? No? Just me?
So there you have it! And while I’m loyal to these ten products, I’m not tied to a whole lot of others, so I’m excited to see what you all recommend! If you decide to put together a ten products post, link up with me below!