As of November 21, I had completed 11 out of 25 goals. Since then, I’ve completed 8 more, leaving me at 19 out of 25! Here’s a little update on those:
02. Make fresh lemonade – Completed on 5/17.
09. Pay off my credit cards – Completed 3/11. Thanks, tax refund!
12. Dye my hair a fun color – Completed on 5/16. I waited til the last minute on this one, but I finally dyed my hair a fun shade of rose gold over the weekend! Better pics tomorrow, but here’s a quick ‘gram.
14. Do an art project for our home – Completed on 2/22. See a cute, summery pic here!
19. Submit a piece of writing to a zine – Completed on 1/3 and 5/4. My 1/3 submission was published in the Winter ’15 issue of Vagina :: The Zine and I’ll hear back on the Spring/Summer submission soon!
20. Send out family photo holiday cards – Completed on 12/25. You can see our photo shoot with Briley and the card we sent out here.
22. Meet a feminist icon – Completed on 3/22. I met Sophia Rossi at TxSC and then got to see her again last week for the first stop on her book tour! You can read about meeting her the first time here.
25. Make a chapbook of my poetry – Completed on 5/18 with the help of Briley! More on this coming soon.
And the 6 things I didn’t complete:
03. Love the way I look in a swimsuit
04. Run a whole mile without stopping
06. Get another tattoo
07. Write half of my memoir
16. Purchase a real camera and tripod
18. Attend a yoga class
I feel 100% proud and content with checking off 19 goals from my list! All six things I didn’t complete were things I actively decided I didn’t want to do after all. As life changes, goals shift — I think it’s important not to hold yourself to something that isn’t right for you anymore or that doesn’t get you closer to the you you’re working towards.
Looking at the things I did and didn’t accomplish, I put together a 26 before 26 bucket list that I’m really excited to start working on! I’ll be sharing that list on Friday, so stay tuned!
For reference, here’s my 24 before 24 recap!