Let’s take a moment here to share in a deep breath, okay? One…two…three…wasn’t that nice? Especially at the beginning of the year, I always feel like a new month is an opportunity to take a deep breath, look around, and get ready to keep moving forward. This is one of the reasons I love doing my monthly small goals. I get to take some time to reflect on my accomplishments and be grateful for what I’ve got, while also considering what needs to get taken care of in the next 30-ish days. Before I get into my goals for February, let’s take a look back at January, shall we?
finish Yes Please | done! Read my review here!
2. do 5 minutes of Duolingo 5 days a week | Hahahaha. I knew this was a long shot. I think I did Duolingo like 4 times in all of January!
Scope out some new outfit photo locations | done! I’ll have some outfits in the coming weeks with cool new backdrops, and I’ve got a note in my phone for jotting down future ideas.
4. finish a puzzle with Dago | Total. Fail. Every time I sat down to work on the puzzle, I would get incredibly dizzy and have to lie down in the dark with my eyes closed for a while. We finally decided to just pack it up. My dizziness has been especially bad lately, which I’ll talk more about below.
take down the Christmas tree | done! I did it on Saturday evening when I remembered it was one of my monthly goals so I could check it off this goddamn list!
February is a short month, so I tend to give myself a little extra slack on the goal front. Here’s what I plan to do in the cold-but-romantic month of February!
1. make and gift cute Valentine’s crafts | I really wanted to give out Hello Kitty Valentine’s this year, but I didn’t see any at Target, so I decided to make some cute crafts to hand out instead. Going all out for Valentine’s month this year!
2. step up my ‘gram game | Instagram is one of those major sources of envy for me, as I scroll through other people’s perfectly curated feeds. I’m deciding to ‘gram more deliberately, rather than just posting for the sake of posting. I want to post prettier images, and I’m going back to the traditional square shape for consistency. Follow along here!
3. dye my hair | This is one of the goals from my 25 before 25 list that I haven’t completed yet. Briley and I finally came up with the perfect color, and now I’m so excited about shaking things up!
4. finish Not That Kind of Girl | If you follow me on GoodReads, then you saw that I actually started Bad Feminist, but I think I need a buffer book between Yes Please and Bad Feminist, and Not That Kind of Girl seems like a good fit. I’ll be sure to explain more in my eventual review of Bad Feminist!
5. make an appointment regarding my dizzy spells | I’m not sure if you can really call them “spells,” but seeing as I thought my dizziness was totally normal for the last few years, I don’t know what to call them. With the help of WebMD and Arrested Development, I’ve deduced that I have vertigo. Is this an official diagnosis? Not even close. So, I need to go see a professional so I can find a solution (or at least something to pacify the discomfort). This goal probably isn’t so blog-exciting, but putting my goals here keeps me accountable, so I decided to include it.
In addition to these goals, I also plan on having the loveliest time at the annual Galentine’s Day party hosted by Vagina :: The Zine with Briley as my date, and then do something fun and cute with Dago for official-Valentine’s. Not sure we can beat last year’s date, but we’re gonna try!
What are you planning to do this month?