Well hello there, November! I am in complete denial that it’s the next to the last month of 2014. Wasn’t it just 2013? 2012 even? When they say life moves faster the older you get–whomever they are–they’re right. October was a great month for me, but wasn’t necessarily very productive I guess? Funny how that happens.
Here’s what I set out to do in October:
dive headfirst into the new job | yes, yes, yes!
meet local bloggers in person | I had the loveliest blogger date with Grace from Musings of Grace at my favorite pizza joint Frank & Angie’s.
put together a Halloween costume with items from my closet | done!
5. read Women in Clothes | holy cow this book is GIANT! turns out this is less of a book of essays, and more of a coffee table book with pictures and stuff. is it bad that that makes me less excited to read it?
I think because I made my first goal job-related, most of my attention went there, and the other goals weren’t too hard to see through. I’m actually surprised I got 4/5 done! And for November? I’ve got some pretty big goals:
1. work towards some work-blog balance | obviously I’m not going to find total balance in a month, but I want to focus on adjusting my schedule and mindset around the new gig.
2. complete a photo project | Briley, the talent behind my outfit photos and one member of my girl gang, sent out 35mm film and tiny notebooks to some of her favorite creatives. The mission: to create some art, which she’ll use towards a bigger TBD project like a zine or blog. I’ve been holding onto my camera, not wanting to waste a shot, but I think I’m ready to start photographing!
3. do my TxSC: CAMP duties | i’ll have a longer post about this soon, but I’m the Volunteer Coordinator for 2015 TxSC: CAMP! I could not be more excited about my role, or about the conference. If you haven’t registered, do so ASAP, because the bunks are filling up fast! Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.
4. learn to make cornbread | I don’t remember where I got this idea, but I really want to take cornbread to Thanksgiving, and I want to make it myself!
5. check in with my 25 before 25 list | November 21 marks my half-birthday, so I always like to check in with my goals for the year. Without looking, I think I’ve done really well so far!
I’m really hoping I can get everything done this month. My plate is feeling a little full, but that’s usually how I like it. What are your small goals for November?