Friday was my half birthday! As promised in my November goals, I wanted to take a look back at my 25 before 25 bucket list to check in with my progress. I’ve done a pretty good job overlapping my bucket list goals with my monthly small goals to help me complete them, which has been really helpful in staying on track.
I should have posted this on Friday, but forgot about it, and then decided to wait because I knew I would be accomplishing one of the list items over the weekend. Check out my full list below, and then what I’ve completed so far, what I expect to complete by May, and what I truthfully don’t think I’ll get done in the next six months.
01. Take an anniversary trip with Dago – Completed on June 14. We went to Fredricksburg! It was the most fun and you can read about it here.
05. Reach 52 episodes of Breakfast for Dinner – Completed on October 29.
08. Do another blogging challenge – Completed on September 10. I teamed up with Adina for our Fall Favorites challenge, which you can view here.
10. Lead a workshop – Completed on June 22. I led a workshop on blogging at the All Grrls Summer Camp with Vagina :: The Zine. You can read about it here.
11. Travel across the state – Completed on July 17. I drove to Amarillo (a nine hour drive) to visit Briley. You can read about my travels (and subsequent food poisoning) here.
13. Finish 5 books – Completed on September 28. I read How Did You Get This Number, The Opposite of Loneliness, One More Thing: Stories & Other Stories, Wild, and I Am Not Myself These Days.
15. Apply for a job at a fashion publication – Completed September 15. A huge part of my job at Junebug Weddings is to write about bridal style, so I’m going to give myself this one. Read more about this my huge career transition here.
17. Vote for Wendy Davis and Leticia Van de Putte – Completed on October 21. See my excited Early Voting selfie here.
21. Hike up Enchanted Rock – Completed November 23. Dago and I went yesterday! Will share more later, but you can see our selfies here.
23. Meet another blog friend – Completed October 13. I had a lovely pizza date with Grace of Musings from Grace. So excited to meet a bunch more of you ASAP and at TxSC15!
24. Buy the perfect black blazer – Completed September 24. I snagged the most perfect black blazer for my body to wear to my final interview with the Junebug crew. You can see what I wore to the interview here.
Total // 11 out of 25
Things I Expect to Complete by May 21, 2015 //
02. Make fresh lemonade – I’m a dummy for having not done this over the summer, especially because Briley bought me the cutest pitcher and lemon-printed glasses for my fresh lemonade.
06. Get another tattoo – I would really like to do this, especially after the amazing, beautifully articulated, exceedingly helpful feedback I received on this post.
09. Pay off my credit cards – I will do this. I will do this. I will do this.
12. Dye my hair a fun color – I resisted dying my hair over the summer just in case I was going to spend lots of time in the pool, but now I have no excuse! Pick a color, dear readers
14. Do an art project for our home – I intend to do something over Christmas break, since I’ll have some down time and will have that festive feeling.
18. Attend a yoga class – As hesitant as I am to do this, people invite me all the time, so I should just go.
19. Submit a piece of writing to a zine – I really want to take care of this in early 2015. It’s been on my mind, so I just need to look through my writing or write something and send it off.
20. Send out family photo holiday cards – Briley has agreed to photograph Dago and I (oh, and Dago agreed too!) for holiday cards. Hoping to get this done in the next couple of weekends!
22. Meet a feminist icon – One of my personal feminist icons Sophia Rossi is a keynote speaker during TxSC15. She’s a major advocate for Sisterhood. I am beyond excited.
25. Make a chapbook of my poetry – Hey, someone remind me to do this in the spring, kay?
Stuff I Probably Won’t Do //
03. Love the way I look in a swimsuit – Ugh. So, I want to be able to cross this off the list because at the beginning of Summer 2014, I did love the way I looked. But by the end of the summer, I hated my body and completely avoided pools and my swimsuit. I’m hoping to get back in a healthy state of body and mind by May, but I also know that this may not be realistic.
04. Run a whole mile without stopping – Since my fall last May, I’ve only gone running once, and it wasn’t even close to a mile. Maybe in the spring I’ll start running again, and magically go a whole mile, and even more miraculously do it without stopping, but also probably not.
07. Write half my memoir – Late this summer, I decided to forgo this goal until another chapter in my life.
16. Purchase a real camera & tripod – It’s just not in the financial cards, unfortunately.
So, if I complete all the things on my “I think I can” list, I will complete 21 out of my 25 goals. I don’t think that’s bad at all! I’m totally on track to do at least 10 more things by May.
Have you set any goals for yourself this year? How are those New Years’ Resolutions coming along? Have you ever done a X number of things before X age bucket list before?