I can’t decide if April was really fast or really slow. I guess that means it was just right! Looking back on it, I have so many happy memories, which is awesome, because I had some really low points throughout. I’m glad I was able to get out and do stuff so that those dark moments didn’t overwhelm the whole month. Jenn and Dean came, I had a bunch of fun weekends with Dago, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous, and I wore some friggen cute outfits. Can you beat that, May? I guess we’ll see! It’s my birthday month, so let’s hope it’s a good one!
First, let’s see how I did on those April goals…
1. go to the park at least once a week | i missed a couple of weeks in the middle there somewhere. booo.
2. successfully complete the 30×30 challenge | i have six outfits left to photograph. so close…
get my taxes sorted–STAT | okay, so, i did technically. it’s a long, long story, so let’s just leave it at that.
plan a fun outdoor activity day with Dago | i’m going to give us this one. we went on a walk together at Zilker Park one day and did lots of fun outdoor stuff with Jenn and Dean.
plan the BEST WEEKEND EVER with Jenn of With Luck Blog and her bf Dean for their Austin visit! | DONE!
6. do a spring craft | lol nope
7. make my first payment on my federal student loan | ugh, i put this on here as a gimme because i was sure i’d do it. instead, i’m trying to lower my payments, because it’s just not. gonna. happen.
8. make an appointment with a therapist | well, i called a few, but didn’t actually get an appointment set up. why do they make this so hard for people who are already depressed and anxious!?
ead Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson | done! and onto the next one…
drink more water | i’ve been so good at this! still not as much as i could drink, but i am really stoked i bought the tumbler!
Eh, didn’t necessarily accomplish all that I set out to, buy my priorities shifted a little.
1. get out at least twice a week for physical activity | i am so determined to keep up this walking/running thing i’ve got going on Tuesdays and Thursdays. there’s no reason i can’t do this.
2. have fun coming up with low-carb, low-fat snacks | growing up, i preferred to snack all day over eating big meals. the more i read, the more i think this is a healthy habit i should get back into. i’ve been scouring Pinterest for easy snacks i can make at home and take to work.
3. enjoy more outdoor activities with Dago | it’s just so much fun for us to get out of the apartment and see the sites together. maybe the zoo? maybe the Greenbelt? i guess we’ll see!
4. finish this darn 30×30 and then give myself a break! | i love posting every day, but the outfits-only focus has thrown me off my blogging game a little. i think i need to recharge so i can come back with inspired and engaging content.
5. spend some time in the pool after work | i never thought i’d love hanging out in my apartment pool, but it’s just so clean and cool and relaxing! as it heats up here in austin, i know i’m going to need to take a dip sooner, rather than later.
6. make my 24th birthday special | birthdays are weird and i always seem to get irrationally sad on the eve of or the actual day of my birthday. this year, i want to spend it celebrating my 24 years and the people who i love.
7. make an appointment with a therapist | keeping this one from last month! let’s do this, therapists of Austin!
8. finish How Did You Get This Number by Sloane Crosely | one last book to complete my 24 before 24!
9. play around with infused water | i made some sassy water over the weekend, and i’ll be using Jenn’s recipes for inspiration!
10. get together with my girls | one of my besties Shelby just moved out of town to work on a really important campaign, so Briley and I need to get our tushes over there for some wine slushies, flower crowns, and pool time.